Friday, August 24, 2007

Spam as a source of humor

I have a spam blocker at work, and recently I've had to ask them to turn it off and pass me all the trapped email, spam or not. Why? Even the best spam filter traps stuff it shouldn't, and I'd rather look through it myself to find some email from the UK or from a confirmation engine that I want to see than try to make the filter better by picking through the whitelist to make sure I get everything I want.

This has the added bonus of some entertainment from the really, really feeble attempts at trying to get past the filters. My favorite at the moment is a form email, that works like the mad-libs from our youth - you fill in a word for each part below that's in bold:

-Noun for "women"- always -verb for "laughed"- at me and even -noun for "men"- did in the -adjective for "public"- -noun for "toilets"-!
Well, now I -verb for "laugh"- at them, because I took Me_ga. d_ik.
for 3 months and now my -noun for "penis"- is -adverb- -comparative adjective for "size"- than -noun for "average"-.
-imperative for "go to"- http://drug-company.com/

So, you could put words in the spaces, if you were boring or, say, literate in English, and form an ad like:

Women always laughed at me and even men did in the public urinals. Well, now I laugh at them because I took "megadick" (hee hee - megadick!) for 3 months and now my (ahem) is much bigger than average. Go to blah blah blah.

OK. So. What you see in these ads is stuff like:

Baronesses always whooped at me and even chaps did in the public WC!
Well, now I hee-haw at them, because I took Me_ga. d_ik.
for 3 months and now my phallus is hugely largest than federal.
go shopping blah blah blah...

Hugely largest than federal? hahahaha!

Some choice words for a few of the fill-in-the-blanks:

Women: baronesses (baronesses?) , dames, babes, womens, boytoys (ok, they really don't get that one), dolls, princesses

Public: civil, federal, free

Laugh (my favorite): smile, whizgiggle, hee-haw, whoop, shriek (sic)

Penis: the usual words.

I don't know if they are trying to word-substitute their way past the filters, or make you think it's from someone else, or what. Just too funny.

Now that's going to make me run right over there and buy some of what they got. Nothing says "quality product" like broken, bastardized English.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.