Friday, August 24, 2007

Heretical Goodness

I loves me a martini.

Now, I don't subscribe to the belief that there is only one way to make a martini - furthermore, I firmly believe that a vodka martini is a) ok and b) still a martini.

To further this theme of heresy, my absolute favorite martini is a dirty vodka martini.

Why? It's simple. More olivy goodness. Not only do you get olives in a dirty vodka, you also get the olive juice - that's what makes it dirty. The olive juice clouds the vodka, and adds just that right hint of vinegar and olive flavor.

I just crush an ice cube, throw it in a glass, dump some vodka in there, a little juice, and three olives. The ice really just cools the whole thing off, and, if I were allowed, I'd keep the bottle in the freezer and dispense with the ice altogether.

I'm having one right now.

I've never had a gin martini, actually. I may have to some day. If it doesn't come with olives, though, it'll be a hard sell.

No comments: